"PICK UP, SHIPPING OR LOCAL DELIVERY
Viewing/picking up animals at our home in Niagara Falls
Viewing/picking up animals at our home in Niagara Falls
We prefer that our animals be picked up in person at our home in Niagara Falls, ON by the purchaser, however we know that this is not always possible and sometimes people need to choose shipping or delivery to get their pet to them.
We do welcome visits to our home in Niagara Falls, Ontario, from people who are serious about viewing and purchasing one of our animals. (PLEASE Review our purchasing procedure page)
We are flexible when we schedule visits but…
- We no longer have the time to accommodate or invite people to pick-up or visit pets at our home in Mississauga. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- We will not meet anyone, anywhere other than at our home in Niagara Falls.
- We do not do tours! We, like most people lead very busy lives. While we appreciate the interest when we invite anyone to our home, it means that we must first rearrange our schedule to accommodate them and we simply do not have enough time to entertain spectators.
- We receive a lot of requests from people wanting to come by just to see if they are allergic to a certain type of pet. As a pet allergy sufferer, myself, I feel for you, but it might be better to be tested by a doctor and then discuss the details of your allergies in depth. It can sometimes take hours to have an allergic reaction which therefore seems like an unreasonable request for a stranger to ask of someone. to arrange a visit. Not only are we not willing to take that much time out of our schedule, but we are certainly not the ideal place to come to and have a "Test Run" to see if you might be allergic to a specific pet. We have other pets in our home. If someone already has concerns about allergies because he or she has experienced a reaction in the past, he or she will likely react to something in our home; a cat, dog, bird, hedgehog etc.
Of course, we prefer that our animals be picked up at our home in Niagara Falls, ON by the purchaser, but we know that this is not always possible. If this is not possible, we may be able to assist you. We can sometimes arrange to transport your pet transportation via a private ground courier to certain areas located in Southern Ontario. Delivery is usually done on Thursday but sometimes the day of the week is variable.
The Basics You Should Know About Delivery or Shipping.
- All transportation costs are a separate purchase that is not included in the purchase price of the pet that you are purchasing from us.
- All transportation costs and associated charges are solely the responsibility of the purchaser and these charges are non-refundable and not transferrable!
- You certify that you the purchaser are at least 18 years of age or that you are the legal guardian or a person who is at least 18 years of age who is making this purchase (Identification may be required at the time of delivery).
- We offer a Health Guarantee with all our animals but because shipping is a separate (independent) purchase you will still get a receipt, but it usually does not appear on our Sales Form and Health Guarantee.
- Not all animals are eligible for shipping / transport (this is at our discretion). Being that arranging shipping and delivery is quite time consuming for us, we require that the total purchase of $200.00 minimum (not including transportation fees) be made per transaction.
- The delivery fee is based on per drop to the same address on the same day therefore, multiple animals can be delivered together at the same time to make up the $200.00, at no extra charge.
- The delivery is often made by a third-party courier. The courier is not able to answer questions, pertaining to the pet that you are purchasing.
- NO C.O.D. …No Animal leaves our home unless it has been paid for in full (including transport fees) at least 48 hours prior to the delivery date.
- The courier will not meet you anywhere! Delivery is only available to the name and home address as it appears on the Health Guarantee (No exceptions!)
- The fee for local delivery to Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Welland, Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake & St. Catharines is $25.00 and is available several times throughout the week.
- Delivery is usually available on Thursdays to… Mississauga and to some areas of the GTA. Hamilton / Brantford / Burlington / Oakville / London / Woodstock / Kitchener / Waterloo/ Cambridge / Guelph ... Prices do vary according to current gas prices. Please feel free to call us to inquire about the delivery fees! (before we can get a quote we will need to know when you want it, what you want and your address)
NOTE ***Delivery is a separate purchase therefore we have no control over delivery fees!
The fees are based on the current gas prices plus the time & distance, etc. It seems that delivery fees are fluctuating a lot lately and they often change daily but the quote you'll get from us is good for 72 hours from the time we give it to you.
AIR TRANSPORTATION POLICY
We occasionally will ship by air but, within Canada ONLY!
... using Air Canada Cargo and West Jet
Shipping animals by air is considered safe. In Canada, shipping live animals by air is extremely regulated! There are very strict policies and procedures in place that need to be followed and the process can be quite time consuming and therefore quickly adds to the cost for the breeder and for the purchaser.
Of course, we prefer to meet everyone considering purchasing one of our pets in person first, but we realize that this is not always practical. Like many people, we too have experienced some of the challenges of trying to locate a specific animal so, we certainly understand the feelings of frustration, when you finally find the perfect pet, but the breeder is not willing to ship or if you.
Although we prefer not to ship, if / when we have the time, we will try to help you get the animal from us. If we agree to arrange air transportation, please understand that shipping is time consuming and that we only offer this is a courtesy to those who are seriously interested in purchasing our pets. We do not make any profit from shipping - whatever we pay, is what you pay.
Below are a few things that need to be understood by everyone before we will start to make plans to have any animal shipped by air.
- We have no control of Flight schedules or fees.
- The purchaser understands that shipping fees are a separate purchase which is not part of the price of the animal(s) that are being purchased and these fees are not covered under our Health Guarantee and the shipping fees are not refundable nor transferable!
- The purchaser assumes all responsibility for all transportation fees, permit fees, veterinary fees, and other associated charges that may pertain to shipping.
- All Shipping Fees must be paid for in full, at the time of booking a flight reservation and these fees are non-refundable. Only, after the payment has been received, will we go ahead and make the reservation. once we do we will forward you a confirmation email (itinerary).
- • In addition to all of the flight charges, a minimum of 25 % of the total price of every animal being purchased from us, must also be paid at the time of booking.
- • No Animal leaves our home unless it has been paid for in full (including transport fees), at least 72 hours prior to the delivery date and time. If we do not receive payment on time all deposits and the shipping fees will be lost (forfeited by the purchaser)
- We guarantee that the shipment will arrive for departure at the airport on time (excluding things that are not in our control such as airline disruptions or rescheduling, highway accidents, inclimate weather and road conditions etc.). If the Airlines tells us that we need to reschedule then we will follow their instructions, otherwise if we fail to meet our obligation we can discuss making alternative arrangements and agree to shipping at another time or we (the seller) may choose to refund the entire purchase price of the animals plus the cost of the flight.
- Prices are not negotiable
- There is minimum order (as described below).
Minimum order - to qualify for Air Transportation
- Not all animals are eligible for Air Transport (foster animals or mature animals are not eligible for shipping and all other are still at our discretion)
- We require that the total purchase of $200.00 (not including transportation fees) be made per transaction.
- Multiple animals of the same species can sometimes be put together in one carrier so, you may be able to be purchase multiples at the same time to help make up the $200.00
- Price for Air Shipping –
- The cost to book a flight to ship a small pocket pet, to most major cities in Canada starts at $195.00
- The cost to book a flight to ship a cat or a kitten, to most major cities in Canada starts at $295.00
This price includes:
- Delivery by private courier to the YYZ (Toronto) or YHM (Hamilton) airport.
- One airline approved carrier.
- The cost of the flight.
If you are interested in pursuing this, feel free to contact us by phone.289 990-4738
TRANSPORTATION TO THE USA
Although we ship in Canada weekly, we only periodically ship overseas/internationally to other breeders who we have a long-standing, established breeder-to-breeder relationship with.
We do not ship personal pets to the USA
FYI…many American pet owners, come here to our home to purchase pets from us. We certainly welcome anyone interested in one of our pets, to call to schedule a visit at our home in Niagara Falls, Canada. Before calling us please take a few minutes to review our website. Our website is usually updated several times a day. Every animal featured on our website, unless otherwise indicated, is weaned and is available for viewing.
We live in Niagara Falls, Ontario, only a few minutes to the closest border crossing. Our home is situated very close to the actual falls and tourist area so why not do some sightseeing while you are here.
We do bring pets home to Canada with us from the USA but the regulations are different and being that we do not ship or deliver animals into the USA, we don't have much of a need to keep up with current USDA regulations.
However, many of our animals do go to live in the USA and we often get feedback from people who have purchased animals from us in the past.
We have been told by some of the Americans who have purchased a pet from us that it is usually very easy to bring many animals into the USA, if you follow a few simple steps.
Apparently.... animals entering the USA do require inspection but the regulations and inspection differs among species.
When crossing at Niagara Falls, you will likely be required to fill out a form and then go to the USDA inspection site located on Whitmer Road.
They have regular scheduled hours Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) between 8:00am and 4:00pm and no appointment is required if you are crossing between 8:00am and 2:00pm. As I understand it there is a small fee if done during regular business hours. However, if you cross after hours you must call the vet first and schedule an appointment and the after-hours fee is also applied. I suggest that you ask about the fee during your phone call.
Before you make plans to come to our home to pick out a pet we strongly urge you to call USDA-APHIS just to make sure that the regulations governing the Importing and Exporting Live Animals have not changed. We have posted the numbers below.
USDA-APHIS Animal Health Permits - Contact Information
Importing and Exporting Live Animals
301-851-3300 Option 2 (v)
301-734-4704 Import-Fax 301-734-6402 Export-Fax