Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
We will never commit to the sale of any pet without speaking with you first.
We will never commit to the sale of any pet without speaking with you first.
- Raising pets is just one of our hobbies and while we are passionate about our animals, they are not a business nor our livelihood! Like most people, we have jobs and lead busy lives. We get asked a lot from other people who are not very serious but just want to visit our pets. (How reasonable is it to think that people are willing to take an afternoon off just to accommodate a visit from a total stranger?) We simply don't have enough time to accommodate everyone who asks therefore we need to be selective.
- Before we schedule a visit, we will want to know more about you and you’ll probably want to know more about us. During our phone conversation, we usually can tell when people have done some research and are seriously interested in a new pet and we will try to be as accommodating as possible. Please understand that if/when we agree to schedule a time for someone to view or pick-up animals, that means that we will first need to re-organize our schedule to accommodate the visit.
- We encourage everyone to take their time before deciding to commit to caring for a new pet. It is very important that people are ready before sending us a deposit or scheduling an appointment. If you are ready to schedule a visit, we will try our best to be accommodating but before we re-arrange our schedule or commit to scheduling your visit, we require a non-refundable 25% deposit to reserve a certain pet, or a non-refundable $25.00 RESERVATION/SERVICE FEE at the time of booking.
To schedule an appointment, we require that you call by phone. If it is your first time calling, we will do our best go over many of the pros and cons of purchasing and caring for this type of pet and you will be encouraged to ask your list of questions so that together we can go over a few things. Hopefully, after this brief discussion, we will have both shared enough information to be able to decide if this type of pet is a perfect fit for you and you'll have a better idea whether we are the type of breeder that you are comfortable purchasing a pet from. If, we both agree then we can plan for your deposit and schedule a time for your visit.DEPOSITS
- 25% minimum NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT is required to reserve a pet. We will not consider any pet sold just because someone tells us they want it. While we are speaking, if we both agree to reserve a specific pet and we have agreed on a specific date and time to schedule a visit, we require a 25% minimum non-refundable deposit.
- The deposit can be paid using PayPal, Email Money Transfer or in person with cash.
- If while viewing our website, you see a picture of an animal marked as “Available” that you really want, and you feel you are ready, then we strongly suggest that you call us to inquire about it, ASAP. Before we will commit to the sale of any pet, we will first need to discuss the animal a bit more. Then if we both agree to move forward with this purchase, we will ask for a deposit.
- We suggest that anyone who is interested in purchasing a specific pet to leave a 25 % non-refundable deposit ASAP. This is the only way to be sure that you will get the pet that you really want. Our availability is very unpredictable as it can change quickly!
- If you don’t want to leave a deposit that is fine, but you are certainly taking your chances. Please understand that if you call back a few minutes or hours later, planning to send a deposit for a specific animal you may learn that someone else has already sent a deposit, there is nothing that we can do about it.
- Even if a deposit has been sent, we will only keep any animal that is already completely weaned and ready to leave, on hold for up to five days for no additional fee. However, if the purchaser needs us to hold it longer than five days, although we prefer not to, we can discuss boarding but in addition to the deposit a boarding fee will be applied and must be paid for in advance.
- If you are planning to send a deposit, we may ask you what time you plan on sending it. We are only asking because quite often, we are currently communicating with several people all who have also told us that he or she is seriously considering purchasing the same animal that you are. If you are planning to send a deposit immediately that is great, but sometimes people need a bit of time to get home from work, shopping, etc. In that case, as a courtesy, we may agree to hold a pet for someone for an hour or so just to give them a bit more time to arrange/send their deposit. In the meantime, when an animal's picture is posted on the site, unless it is only for a very brief time, we will temporarily mark it's picture as ‘HOLD’. but to be fair to everyone,if we agree to hold it for you until a specific time. However, at the time we have agreed to, if we have not yet received your deposit, the animal immediately is no longer on ‘HOLD’ as all to often, someone else has been waiting, hoping that we will accept his or her deposit.
- Never assume that just because it was available in the morning that is still available in the evening and NEVER send us a deposit without discussing it with us by phone first. Sometimes for security reasons, we will need to provide you with specific details in order for us to complete the transaction. (example… Paying with Email Money Transfer may require a security question or a password or if paying with PayPal you may need a specific email address etc.).
- Banks and PayPal usually don't include much information about the sender therefore while you are sending your deposit to us, we will also need you to send us an email from your own email address, so that we can reply to it. This email should include...
- I (Name of Sender?) Sent $(Amount?) by (Money Transfer or PayPal?) to reserve a (gender?), (colour?) (Web-pic/I.D.#)
- Postal Code,
- Phone Number
- Email address that you prefer we reply to).
- If someone over 18 other than yourself, will be picking up the pet please include his our her name.
- If this is a surprise for someone in your family, please indicate that this is a gift or a surprise in your email, that way if we need to contact you for any reason and need to leave a message, we will not say Heritage Pets or give away any surprise.
- After we receive this instructional email from you, we will reply to it, sending you a receipt/balance due (which must be paid for in full before the animal leaves our home), our contact information (Name, Address, Phone Number and Email) along with the appointment time, and directions to our home. After we reply, please take a couple of minutes to review the information just to make sure that the information is correct and let us know by email if any changes need to be made.
- If the pet you are purchasing is posted on the site, we will mark it SOLD or P.P.U
- After we accept the deposit from you, we consider it SOLD (P.P.U.). No one other than us are permitted to view or interact with it.
- We can never guarantee if other animals will be available when you come to pick up the pet you reserved, but if we do have any others available, up to four will be available for you to view and interact with. Although the deposit you sent is non-refundable, if while you are here, if you like another animal better, then we encourage you to take the one you like the best. We will be quite happy to transfer your deposit and adjust the Health Guarantee to reflect the price and information of the one you prefer most and we will re-post the one that you originally reserved.
- Many people prefer to pay for the new pet in full instead of leaving a deposit, which is fine. If you have sent a partial payment, then there will be a balance due which can be paid with cash at the time of pick-up. If you prefer paying the remaining balance using EMT or PayPal, the funds must be received by us, 24 hours in advance of pick-up. (this is only to avoid electronic delays and because we often have several appointments booked back to back and being respectful of everyone’s time we need to stay on schedule).
(Cash, EMT or PayPal in CDN currency only)
We have several payment options to choose from if paying in advance. BUT being that we are a private home, if you are picking up an animal at our home, we only accept cash at the time of pick-up. We don't always have small bills to make change. so, we ask that whenever possible that the purchasers bring the exact amount in cash.
Email Money Transfer
We accept and prefer payment via email money transfer (also called Internet or Online banking). It is probably the most convenient way to pay. Before sending any payment be sure to call us first to confirm availability and your total. Remember that you may need a security question and answer so we do need to speak with you before we can accept your electronic transfer. All E.M.T. transactions can be sent to our email address, which is [email protected]
If you have access to online banking but are not familiar with how to make an email money transfer, just give us a call and we can guide you through the process. It is very simple!
If you have a PayPal account, you can send the entire purchase price or if you prefer to you can send just the deposit using PayPal. The PayPal transaction can be sent to our email address, which is [email protected] If you are sending a deposit via PayPal and would also like to pay the balance using PayPal, you will need to pay the balance due at least 24 hours prior to the actual pick-up date. Or, you can choose to pay the balance in full using cash at the time of pick-up.
Credit Cards using PayPal
We do not take credit cards at our home. If you would like to pay with a credit card in advance, you may be able to do so by choosing to pay with your Credit Card through PayPal. You may not even need a PAYPAL account! It is easy! Please refer to the PayPal.com website.
$25.00 RESERVATION/SERVICE FEE is required to schedule a visit in advance.
- As a result of the number of “no shows” & last-minute cancellations, before we will schedule a one-time appointment, we require a $25.00 RESERVATION/SERVICE FEE - (except if someone has already reserved a specific pet and has sent us a 25% deposit) This fee must be paid by Interact or PayPal and is due when we confirm a time for your one visit. This fee is non-refundable but if you do decide to purchase a pet from us during this one-time visit, the $25.00 fee will be deducted from the purchase price of the pet. If you cancel, or simply do not show up or if you choose not to purchase a pet during your visit, the $25.00 RESERVATION/SERVICE FEE will not be refunded instead we will apply this fee as payment towards the time we spent preparing for your visit and for having to re-arrange our schedule.
- When sending a reservation fee, we will also need you to send us an email from your own email address, one that we can reply to. This email should include the appointment time that we have agreed to, your name, phone number (in case we must cancel do to road conditions, weather, etc.) and the Email address that we can reply to when sending you a receipt, an appointment time confirmation that we agreed to, our address and directions to our home.
- If you prefer not to commit to a small $25.00 reservation fee, we will not re-arrange our schedule or commit to a visit, therefore depending on your circumstances, it may be better for you to find another breeder that you can trust and who can accommodate your wishes. Otherwise, if you prefer to wait and take your chance of arranging a same day visit, then you are welcome to call, a couple hours in advance, on the same day, to ask if we are available that day. If we don't have anything already planned, we may be willing to schedule a same day visit. (it is probable that we already have other plans that day, therefore a visit that day won’t be an option).
- During our initial phone conversation, regarding your desire to get a new pet, we probably already discussed some of your preferences i.e. colour, age, gender, etc. and it is likely that we have a pretty good idea of what you are hoping to find. Being that most visits are scheduled during the daytime, which is the time when nocturnal animals are usually sleeping, we obviously do not want to disturb any that do not interest you. So, depending on the selection we have at the time of your visit, unless you have already sent a deposit to hold a specific pet, we will have a few animals available for you to view. Typically, we limit the number of animals that we put on display to four (or five) and we try our best to only show you the animals that best fit the description that you have provided.
- Any animal that is still nursing or not quite able to leave, will not be on display. It is far to risky to remove unweaned babies from their mother as moving or transporting them can be stressful for them and their mother; sometimes putting them back with their mothers can lead to dire consequences. Being that we breed some of our animals in our other home, unless we have advanced notice, those will not be on display.
- We will have already prepared most of the Health Guarantee based on the information you included when you sent the deposit or reservation fee, (Briefly describing what the deposit is for -The Webpic # and description of the animal you are interested in and the Name – Address - City / Province - Postal Code - Phone Number – Email Address of the future caregiver).
- Now we have time to get to the Question and Answer period. We will both have questions and we will want to show you some of the ways to help you interact with your new pet.
- Being that we are a private home and do not keep set hours, we try to be accommodating but to avoid unscheduled visits, we have deliberately not posted our home address on our website. But we will provide it to you in the email we send to confirm receipt of your deposit or Reservation Fee.
- Appointments usually last approximately a half an hour. We try hard to keep it short (especially during the cooler time of year) but will still need to go over a few things and show you how to handle to properly care for this type of pet. Please be on time. We often have appointments booked back to back, therefore we ask that if you are not able to make your appointment on time or if you need to cancel to please call so that we can reschedule, if need be.
- Getting a pet is an exciting time, if it isn’t then maybe you are not quite ready to make such a commitment. Often people visiting a new pet for the first time get a bit overwhelmed with positive emotions and end up paying more attention to the animal than carefully listening to what we are telling them. This is only natural! We have found that notes really do help, because once the animal is in your hands you may draw a blank and almost every question that you wanted to ask, leaves your mind. But your list of questions may come in handy. Before coming here make notes! Write down questions! THE MORE QUESTIONS THE BETTER!
- Even though, a lot of what we need to discuss will have already been addressed on the phone and elsewhere on our site, there are still a few things that we will want to go over and show you.
- We will go over and demonstrate how to properly handle your new pet.
- How to trim nails, bathing etc.
- We will discuss many of the 'do’s and don’ts' and we will try to address some of the myths and gimmicks that you may have heard about the pet.
- If we can, we want to answer anything that you still have questions about.
- Limit the number of people you bring with you to our home. Besides the fact that we are a private home, purchasing a pet is a serious commitment and the fewer distractions the better!
- Do not bring other pets to our home. They will not be allowed inside our home or near any of our other pets, including the one you are considering buying.
- If this person who is wanting the pet is under 18 years of age, a person older than 18 is also required to be present at the time of pick-up to sign our Health Guarantee, thereby accepting the terms of the Sales Form (Health Guarantee) and indicating that they are also assuming responsibly for the pet.
- If you know in advance that anyone other than yourself will be picking up/accepting this pet, please email (in writing) the name of the person (who must be over 18), who you have authorized to pick up and sign the Health Guarantee on your behalf.
- English is our first language and we'll try our best but we are not very fluent in any other language. If English is not your first language or if you feel that language is a problem, we suggest that the purchaser brings one other person who is over 18 years of age, who can interpret our care tips, and read our sales form and sign our guarantee.
- Please bring a small suitable pet carrier! A MUST FOR KITTENS! If you do not have a carrier and you are picking up a small animal, we will provide a small cardboard box/container to take your pet home in. Sometimes, depending on the type of animal you are picking up and what your travel plans are, we may need to ask that you bring your own cage as cardboard boxes will not last long, especially if you are purchasing a pet known to chew! (If you are thinking about getting a new pet, then maybe now is a good time to think about purchasing a suitable transport carrier, just so that you have one in case of emergencies etc.)
- If you choose to pay the remaining balance using EMT or PayPal the funds must be received by us, 24 hours in advance of pick-up. This is only to avoid electronic delays as we must stay on schedule.
- If you have a balance due at the time of pick-up, please know that we are not set up to take PayPal or Email Money Transfers or Interac at our home. Cash only please! If possible, please bring the exact amount of money, being that we are a private home, sometimes we are not able to make change. However, we live in the Niagara Falls tourist area so, there are a lot of places that you can go to make change, if you need to.