289 990-4738 (9:00 am to 10:00 pm ET)
We will never commit to the sale of any pet without speaking with you first.
We will never commit to the sale of any pet without speaking with you first.
• Due to time constraints "viewing or picking up any animal is done at our home in Niagara Falls Ontario only! (viewing or picking up pets at our home in Mississauga is no longer an option)
• We will not arrange to meet anyone other than at our home in Niagara Falls. If you do not drive or cannot go to Niagara Falls delivery options may be available. (please review our Delivery page for details)
• All visits are by appointment only!
• We will not commit to the sale of any pet without speaking with you first.
• To book an appointment, we require that you call by phone.
Raising pets is just one of our hobbies and while we are passionate about our hobby, it is not a business and it is not our livelihood! Like most people, we have jobs and we lead very busy lives. We get asked a lot from other people who are not very serious but just want to visit our pets. (how reasonable is it to think that most people are willing to take an afternoon off just to accommodate a visit from a total stranger?) We simply don't have enough time to accommodate everyone who asks therefore we need to be selective.
Before we schedule a visit, we will want to know more about you and you’ll probably want to know more about us. During our phone conversation, we usually can tell when people have done some research and are seriously interested in a new pet and we will try to be as accommodating as possible. Please understand that if/when we agree to schedule a time for someone to view or pick-up animals, that means that we will first need to re-organize our own schedule to accommodate your visit.
We certainly appreciate and encourage everyone to take their time before deciding to commit to caring for a new pet. It is very important that you are ready before scheduling an appointment. While we will do try our best to be accommodating we do need to re-arrange our schedule to accommodate you, therefore before we will commit to scheduling a visit, we do require either a non-refundable 25% deposit to reserve a certain pet, or a non-refundable $25.00 RESERVATION/SERVICE FEE at the time of booking.
Scheduling a visit
To schedule an appointment, we require that you call by phone. If it is your first time calling, we will do our best go over many of the pros and cons of purchasing and caring for this type of pet and you will be encouraged to ask your list of questions so that together we can go over a few things that may help you to decide whether this type of pet might be the right choice for you. Hopefully, after a brief discussion, we will have shared enough information for us both to decide if this type of pet is a perfect fit for you and if you are a suitable candidate who will provide a good home for one of our pets and you'll have a better idea whether we are the type of breeder that you are comfortable purchasing a pet from. If, we both agree that this might be a suitable match, then we can plan for your deposit and schedule a time for your visit.
25% MINIMUM is REQUIRED TO RESERVE A SPECIFIC PET
(The deposit can be paid using PayPal or Email Money Transfer or in person with Cash).
If while viewing our website, you see a picture of an animal marked as “Available” that you really want, if you feel you are ready, then we strongly suggest that you call us to inquire about it, ASAP. Our availability changes quick.
Before we will commit to the sale of any pet, you and I will first need to discuss the animal a bit more and we will have an opportunity to exchange information with one another. Then if we both agree to move forward with this purchase, we will ask for a deposit. (we will only hold an animal once we have received a deposit.)
We suggest & encourage anyone who is interested in purchasing a specific pet to leave a 25 % non-refundable deposit. This is the only way to be sure that you will get the pet that you really want. Our availability is very unpredictable and fluid, meaning that it can change very quickly!
While speaking to one another, if we both agree to reserve a specific pet and we have all agreed on a specific date and time to schedule a visit, we require a 25% minimum non-refundable deposit. If you don’t want to leave a deposit that is fine, but we will not consider any pet sold just because someone tells us they want it.
(Please note that we will only ever hold any animal that is already completely weaned and ready to leave, for up to five days for no additional fee. However, if the purchaser needs us to hold it longer than five days, although we prefer not to, we can always discuss options but understand that in addition to the deposit a boarding fee will be applied and must be paid for in advance.)
If you plan to send a deposit, we may ask you when you plan on sending it. This is usually because. quite often, we have been communicating with several people all who are seriously considering purchasing the same animal that you are. If you are planning to send a deposit immediately that is great, but sometimes people need a bit of time to get home from work etc. In that case, occasionally as a courtesy, we will agree hold a pet for someone for an hour or so to give them a bit more time to send a deposit. Being that it is only for a brief time, we do not always mark it as P.P.U. to our website, instead we simply mark it as ‘HOLD’ ..But please be aware that if we agree to hold it for you, we will set a time limit and to be fair to everyone we need to stick to it. Someone else may be hoping that you’ve changed your mind and is waiting until the last second so that we will accept his or her deposit.
We encourage everyone to give a lot of thought before purchasing any pet. But..Please understand that if you call back a few hours later, planning to send a deposit hoping to reserve a specific animal and you learn that someone else has already sent a deposit, there is nothing that we can do about it. Unless an animal is on a temporary ‘HOLD’ for you already, before sending any deposit it is best to call us back within the hour that you intend to send it, never assume that just because it was available in the morning that is still available in the evening and NEVER send us a deposit without discussing it with us by phone first. -Sometimes for security reasons, we will need to provide you with specific details in order to complete this transaction. (example… Paying with Email Money Transfer may require a security question or a password or if paying with PayPal you may need a specific email address etc.).
After we have received and accepted a deposit, if the pet you are purchasing is posted on the site, we will mark it sold or P.P.U.
Also, when sending a deposit, we will need you to send us an instructional email from your own email address, so that we can reply to it. This email should instruct us as to what animal you want us to apply the deposit to, (most animals have Webpic #) and we will also need the contact information as you would like it to appear on the Sales Form and Health Guarantee. (Name, Address, City, Province, Postal Code, Phone Number and the Email address that you prefer we reply to). If this is a surprise for someone in your family, please indicate that this is a gift or a surprise in your email, that way if we need to contact you for any reason and if we need to leave a message, we will not say Heritage Pets or give away a surprise.
After we receive this instructional email from you, we will reply to it, sending you a receipt /balance due (which must be paid for in full before the animal leaves our home), our contact information (Name, Address, Phone Number and Email) along with the appointment time, and directions to our home. Please be sure to take a couple of minutes to review the information in our reply email, just to make sure that the information is correct. Please let us know by email ASAP if any changes need to be made.
After we accept the deposit from you, we consider it SOLD (P.P.U.).
No one other than you or us are permitted to view or interact with it.
Although we can never guarantee if other animals will be available, when you come to pick up the pet you reserved, know that if we do have any others available, up to four will be available for you view and interact with. Although the deposit you sent is non-refundable, if while you are here, if you like another animal better, then we encourage you to take the one you like the best. We will be quite happy to transfer your deposit and adjust our Health Guarantee to reflect the price and information of the one you prefer most. Then we will re-post the one you originally reserved, on our website and indicate that it is ‘Available’ for other people to view.
Many people prefer to pay for the new pet in full instead of leaving a deposit, which is fine. If you have sent a partial payment, then there will be a balance due which can be paid with cash at the time of pick-up. If you prefer paying the remaining balance using EMT or PayPal, the funds must be received by us, 24 hours in advance of pick-up. (this is only because we often, have several appointments booked back to back and being respectful of everyone’s time we need to avoid electronic delays and stay on schedule.)
$25.00 RESERVATION / SERVICE FEE
is required to schedule a visit in advance.
As a result of the number of “no shows” & last-minute cancellations, before we will schedule a one-time appointment, we require a $25.00 RESERVATION / SERVICE FEE -(except if someone has already reserved a specific pet and has sent us a 25% deposit) This fee must be paid by Interact or PayPal and is due when we confirm a time for your one visit. This fee is non-refundable but if you do decide to purchase a pet from us during this one-time visit, the $25.00 fee will be deducted from the purchase price of the pet. If you cancel, or simply do not show up or if you choose not to purchase a pet during your visit, the $25.00 RESERVATION / SERVICE FEE will not be refunded instead we will apply this fee as payment towards the time we spent preparing for your visit and for having to re-arrange our schedule.
When sending a reservation fee, we will also need you to send us an email from your own email address, one that we can reply to. This email should include the appointment time that we have agreed to, your name, phone number (in case we must cancel do to road conditions weather etc. ) and the Email address that we can reply to when sending you a receipt, an appointment time confirmation that we agreed to, our address and directions to our home.
If you prefer not to commit to a small $25.00 reservation fee, then please understand that we will NEVER schedule or commit to a visit in advance nor will we re-arrange our schedule to accommodate a visit.
If you prefer to wait and take your chance of arranging a same day visit, then you are welcome to call, a couple hours in advance, on the day that you are hoping to come-by, to ask if we are available for a same day visit. If we don't have anything already planned, we may be willing to schedule a same day visit. (it is highly probable that we already have other plans for the day and therefore a same day visit will not be an option) It may even be better for you to find another breeder you can trust and who can accommodate your wishes.
After leaving a Deposit
What to You Can Expect During Your Visit
During our initial phone conversation, regarding your desire to get a new pet, we probably already discussed some of your preferences i.e. colour, age, gender, etc. and it is likely that we have a pretty good idea of what you are hoping to find. Being that most visits are schedule during the daytime, which is the time when nocturnal animals are usually sleeping, we obviously do not want to disturb any that do not interest you. So, depending on the selection we have at the time of your visit, unless you have already sent a deposit to hold a specific pet, we will have a few animals available for you to view. Typically, we limit the number of animals that we put on display to four (or five) and we try our best to only show you the animals that best fit the description that you have provided.
Any animal that is still nursing or not quite able to leave, will not be on display. It is far to risky to remove unweaned babies from their mother as moving or transporting them can be stressful for them and their mother and sometimes putting them back with their mothers can have dire consequences. Being that we breed some of our animals at our other home, unless we have advanced notice, obviously they will not be on display.
We will have already prepared most of the Health Guarantee based on the information you included when you sent the deposit or reservation fee, (Briefly describing what the deposit is for -The Webpic # and description of the animal you are interested in and the Name – Address - City / Province - Postal Code - Phone Number – Email Address of the future caregiver).
Now we have time to get to the Question and Answer period. We will both have questions and we will want to show you some of the ways to interact with your new pet.
Below are a few helpful TIPS to Plan and Prepare for your visit
1. Appointments usually last approximately a half an hour. We will still need to go over a few things and show you how to handle and care for this type of pet. Please be on time. We often have appointments booked back to back, therefore we ask that if you are not able to make your appointment on time or if you need to cancel to please call so that we can reschedule, if need be.
2. Getting a pet is an exciting time, if it isn’t then maybe you are not quite ready to make such a commitment. Often people visiting a new pet for the first time get a bit overwhelmed with positive emotions and end up paying more attention to the animal than they spend listening to what we are telling them. This is only natural!
3. Make notes! Write down your questions! THE MORE QUESTIONS THE BETTER! A lot of what we need to discuss will have already been addressed on the phone but there are still things that we will want to go over and show you. We will go over and demonstrate how to properly handle your new pet and we will discuss many of the 'do’s and don’ts' and if we can, we want to answer anything that you still have questions about.
We have found that notes really do help, because once the animal is in your hands you may draw a blank and almost every question that you wanted to ask, leaves your mind. But your list of question may come in handy. Not to worry though! If you forget something, we are only a phone call away.
4. Limit the number of people you bring with you to our home. Besides the fact that we are a private home, purchasing a pet is a serious commitment and the fewer distractions the better!
5. Do not bring other pets to our home. They will not be allowed inside our home or near any of our other pets, including the one you are considering buying.
6. If this person who is wanting the pet is under 18 years of age, a person older than 18 is also required to be present at the time of pick-up to sign our Health Guarantee, thereby accepting the terms of the Sales Form (Health Guarantee) and indicating that they are also assuming responsibly for the pet.
7. If you know in advance that anyone other than yourself will be picking up/accepting this pet, please email (in writing) the name of the person (who must be over 18), who you have authorized to pick up and sign the Health Guarantee on your behalf.
8. English is our first language and we'll try but we are not very fluent in any other language. If English is not your first language or if you feel that language is a problem, we suggest that the purchaser bring one other person who is over 18 years of age, who can interpret our care tips, and read our sales form and sign our guarantee.
9. You are welcome to bring a small suitable pet carrier but if you do not have a carrier, we will provide a small cardboard box/container to take your pet home in. Sometimes, depending on the type of animal you are picking up and what your travel plans are, we ask that you bring your own cage, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND … cardboard will not last long especially if you are purchasing a pet known to chew! You will need to bring a suitable chew-proof cage to transport such a pet. (Now may be a good time to think about purchasing a suitable transport carrier, just so that you have one in case of emergencies)
10. If you choose to pay the remaining balance using EMT or PayPal the funds must be received by us, 24 hours in advance of pick-up. This is only to avoid electronic delays as we must stay on schedule.
11. If you have a balance due at the time of pick-up, please know that we are not set up to take PayPal or Email Money Transfers at our home. Cash only please! If possible, please bring the exact amount of money, being that we are a private home, sometimes we are not able to make change. However, being that we live so close to the Niagara Falls tourist area, there are a lot of places that you can go to make change, if you need to.